The Syrian national health system has been torn apart by the conflict. More than half of all hospitals and medical facilities in the country have been destroyed, access to healthcare is scarce for most citizens.
Many doctors have been forced to flee the country, leaving the few functioning hospitals understaffed and struggling to care for the large number of people in need of medical assistance.
- Over the years, we have established 8 hospitals in Syria
- We currently run two specialised hospitals for Women & Children
- We have established a healthcare center – with a mobile clinic in the city of Hama
- We support more than 20 clinics, field hospitals and medical points by providing them with medical consumables donated to us by donors/medical facilities in the UK
- We regularly transport ambulances and emergency response vehicles into Syria
- We regularly run training courses designed to equip students with basic nursing skills
- In 2015, we treated 144,467 patients in our medical facilities