In five years of war, more than half of the entire population of Syria has become reliant on humanitarian aid for survival.
Many internally displaced Syrians live in makeshift accommodation where conditions are dire. There’s an ongoing need for shelter, blankets and living essentials, plus limited access to food and supplies.
As of September 2016 more than 6 million people have been internally displaced in Syria by the crisis.
What we’re doing to help
We regularly carry out needs-assessments in areas with large populations of IDP’s to enable us to provide the exact supplies that are required at the time.
- We regularly provide tents, shelter, blankets, and other non-food items
- We distribute food baskets on a monthly basis
- We provide access to water and sanitation
- We’ve helped to establish refugee camps
- We have assisted a total of 285,119 people with our Emergency Relief projects in 2015
We also work in partnership with international organisations and NGOs. Most of whom don’t have access to Syria, we distribute emergency aid to citizens on their behalf.